Close Recently added item(s)
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Start with a dinner plate, soup bowl (optional), bread & butter plate (for toast, muffins, etc.), and a cup & saucer for coffee or tea.For flatware, use a 3-piece place setting: dinner fork, dinner knife and teaspoon. The napkin should be placed to the left of the fork.Finish the setting with either a juice or Iced Beverage glass.
Dinner or Supper:
The dinnerware placement is similar to what's used for a breakfast/lunch setting. Salad plate can be brought to the table as needed.For flatware, use a 5-piece place setting; salad fork, dinner fork, dinner knife, soupspoon and teaspoon. The napkin should be placed to the left of the forks.The table should be set with both a wine glass and a water or iced beverage glass. The coffee cup & saucer can be brought at the end of the meal if needed.
Formal Dinner (including a soup course):
Set the table with a bread & butter plate, a service/base plate and dinner plate. If your pattern doesn't offer a service plate, try getting a bit creative by using a 12" metal tray or glass underliner.For flatware, use dinner fork, salad fork (served after an entree), dinner knife and soup spoon. The butter spreader may be placed on the butter plate. The teaspoon may be placed on the saucer with a coffee cup later. The dessert spoon and dessert fork may be placed above the dinner plate. To add some flair to your table setting, fold your napkins and place them in the center of the dinner plate or in one of the wineglasses. Add the glasses for red wine, white wine and water, as well as a champagne flute if necessary.
Table Setting Tips:
• Keep all tableware approximately one inch from the edge of the table.
• Place all knives with the cutting edge toward the plate.
• Arrange all flatware in order of use, working from the outside toward the plate for each course served.
• If salad is served after entrée, place salad fork next to plate.
• Glass placement: from right to left, white wine, red wine, and water/iced beverage. Champagne may be placed behind red and white.