Anchor Hocking Warranty Information
Did you recently buy our product from a retailer and have a question about the warranty? Please read below. If after reviewing the warranty you still have questions please contact Consumer Affairs at 800-562-7511, ext. 2478.
Anchor Hocking Bakeware 5-Year Warranty back to top
Failure to follow these warnings may cause the product to suddenly fracture into many small pieces which could result in property damage or serious personal injury from cuts or burns. Scratches from certain cleaning materials and utensils, impact damage or other misuse can weaken glassware causing unexpected breakage immediately or at a later date when exposed to sudden temperature changes.
• Clean with non-scratch pads and cleansers intended for glass bakeware.
• Avoid severe temperature changes.
• Avoid impact with hard objects.
• Use only in conventional or microwave ovens. Do not use or place on stovetop, under broiler or in toaster oven.
• OVEN AND MICROWAVE USE. Use Anchor Hocking glass in pre-heated gas and electric conventional or convection ovens up to 425˚F or microwave ovens without browning element. Not for use on or under a flame or other direct heat source, including on a stovetop, under a broiler, in a toaster oven or on a grill. Prior to cooking foods that may release liquid, add liquid to the dish making sure it covers the bottom of the dish.
• Avoid microwave misuse. Do not heat empty or nearly empty glassware in microwave. Do not overheat oil, butter or other fats in microwave as they quickly reach the desired temperature. Heat only for the recommended time for your microwave (refer to your microwave owner’s manual.) This product is not intended for camping, industrial or commercial use.
• USE FOR STORING FOOD. Use your Anchor Hocking glass for storing food in refrigerator or freezer, but do not take directly from freezer to oven or microwave. Thaw food before cooking or reheating.
• CLEAN WITH PLASTIC OR NYLON NON-SCRATCH PADS OR CLEANSERS. Wash your Anchor Hocking glass in detergent and water. For stubborn, baked-on food, soak glass then use non-scratch cleansers and scrub pads intended for glass ovenware. Dishwasher safe.
• AVOID SEVERE TEMPERATURE CHANGES. Do not add liquid to a hot dish. Handle hot dishes with a dry cloth or potholder. Never place hot glass on wet or cold surfaces.
• AVOID IMPACT WITH HARD OBJECTS. Sharp knives or utensils may scratch and weaken glass. Do not use if chipped, cracked, or noticeably scratched.
• MICROWAVE USE. (Plastic covers are microwave safe for reheating purposes).
When microwaving, to prevent steam build up, a gap is required between the cover and glass. Sealing the cover may create excessive pressure causing the cover to melt, warp or cause personal injury. Do not reheat foods for longer than 60-seconds. Once reheating is complete, remove cover from dish to prevent warping.
After removing item from microwave always open cover away from your body to avoid steam burns. Covers not intended for conventional oven, stovetop, broiler, or toaster oven use.
• USE FOR STORING FOOD. Freezer, refrigerator & top rack dishwasher safe.
Anchor Hocking 5-Year Warranty
Anchor Glass Bakeware has a 5-Year Warranty. If it chips, cracks or breaks within 5 years from the date of purchase when used according to instructions, notify us at the address below, enclose this warranty and your original receipt and we will replace the glass product. Do not dispose of damaged product as we may request it be returned. Additional damages are excluded. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
• For warranty information outside the U.S.A. and Canada, contact your local supplier.
• Anchor Hocking Company, Consumer Affairs Department
519 Pierce Avenue, Lancaster, Ohio 43130, U.S.A.
1-800-562-7511 Ext: 2478
Premium 10 Year Limited Warranty back to top
Premium bakeware is warranted to be free from defects in workmanship and material for ten (10) years from date of original purchase. If this product chips, cracks or breaks during this time period, return the product within the warranty period, along with a description of the claimed defect, to the following address:
Anchor Hocking Company
Consumer Affairs Department
519 Pierce Avenue
Lancaster, Ohio 43130, U.S.A.
Any product found to have not complied with our warranty specifications will be replaced, at the warrantor’s option.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED, OR IF NOT EXCLUDABLE UNDER LAW, ARE LIMITED TO THE SAME TIME PERIOD AS THE EXPRESSED WARRANTY (Note: Some States do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you). INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARE EXCLUDED. (Note: Some States do not allow the exclusion of incidental and consequential damages so this limitation may not apply to you).
This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Failure to follow these warnings may cause the product to suddenly fracture into many small pieces, which could result in property damage or serious personal injury from cuts or burns. Scratches from certain cleaning materials and utensils can weaken ovenware causing unexpected breakage when exposed to sudden temperature changes. Clean with non-scratch pads and cleaners intended for glass bakeware. Avoid severe temperature changes. Avoid impact with hard objects. Use only in ovens (conventional or microwave). Do not use or place on stovetop, under broiler or in toaster ovens.
Comfort-Grip handles will get hot. Use oven mitts when handling. Comfort-Grip handles are safe for use in dishwasher, freezer, microwave and conventional oven up to 425° F.
Heat in oven only. Use your Premium bakeware in gas, electric or microwave ovens without browning element. Not for stovetop, broiler or toaster oven use. Do not use an alcohol or Canned Heat burner as a direct heat source. Use your Premium bakeware for storing food in refrigerator or freezer, but do not take directly from freezer to oven. Let food thaw before cooking or reheating in oven. Clean with plastic or nylon non-scratch pads or cleaners. Wash your Premium bakeware in detergent and water. For stubborn baked on food, let the bakeware soak and then use non-scratch cleaners and scrub pads intended for glass bakeware. Avoid severe temperature changes. Do not add liquid to a hot dish. Handle hot ovenware dishes with a dry cloth or potholder. Never place hot bakeware on wet or cold surfaces. Avoid impact with hard objects. Sharp knives or utensils may scratch and weaken glass bakeware. Do not use if chipped or cracked, or noticeably scratched.
What is Covered: This warranty covers any rim chipping or foot chipping that results from the normal and ordinary use of our Stölzle Stemware line of products. Coverage extends only to original purchasers. Any transfer of ownership will void this warranty.
What is Not Covered: This warranty does not cover other or complete breakage or destruction because those outcomes indicate improper use or handling, abuse, or other acts beyond our control. Coverage is also limited to products bought in the U.S. or Canada for consumer use only. Commercial use is not covered by this warranty. In addition, consequential and incidental damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Please note, however, that some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
How Long Coverage Lasts: Upon purchasing covered products, this warranty provides a lifetime period of coverage. The duration of the lifetime coverage is measured by the useful lifetime of the particular product that is purchased. The expected useful lifetime is at least 30 years.
What Our Company Will Do: Our company will send a replacement at no cost to you. The replacement will either be the same product or, if that product is discontinued or unavailable, a similar product of equal or greater value will be provided.
How You Get Service: Notify us by sending a letter and your original purchase receipt to the address below. Please do not dispose of the product. The company may request that it be returned. You will be responsible for return shipping costs.
The Anchor Hocking Company
Consumer Affairs Department
519 N. Pierce Avenue
Lancaster, OH 43130
How U.S. State Law Applies: This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
How Canadian Law Applies: This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary in Canada, and from province to province in Canada.
Questions: If you have questions about this warranty, call us at (800) 562-7511, ext. 2478, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2009 The Anchor Hocking Company. All rights reserved. Anchor Hocking is a registered trademark of The Anchor Hocking Company, Lancaster, Ohio 43130. Products manufactured in Germany.