Pampering your mom on Mother's Day!
A mother shows her love every day of the year with the little things she does (that often go unnoticed!) But on the second Sunday of May, motherhood is celebrated all over the world honoring spectacular women...mothers, grandmothers and caregivers for their never ending supply of hugs, care, concern and values. This year, Mother's Day arrives early on May 8th. Why not start her day off with a smile by serving a healthy breakfast in bed complete with a fresh picked flower from the garden, a handmade card or original poem. Check out some other thoughtful ideas to honor the most important person in your life.
More ideas to shower Mom with love…
- Draw a nice warm bubble bath and place her favorite magazine or book on the ledge. Make sure there are plenty of clean towels, a robe and slippers, and some scented lit candles to set a relaxing mood.
- Plant a perennial flower, shrub or tree in her honor. A gift that brings joy for years to come!
- Create personal coupons she can “cash in” and redeem for favors … doing the dishes, mowing the lawn, walking the dog, raking leaves, a foot or back massage, detailing the car. The possibilities are endless. Just use your imagination.
- Take a day off from your regular routine and spend time together. Go to a movie or museum, attend a concert, or shop, walk, play golf, whatever it is she likes to do. Start an annual family tradition that can be passed down to the next generation. Making memories are what matters!
- Lastly, make sure to tell your mom how you feel about her…and all she has done for you.
Quotes about motherhood…
You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back. ~William D. Tammeus
Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. ~Oprah Winfrey
A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan
Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. ~Author Unknown
The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh
All mothers are working mothers. ~Author Unknown